Saturday, August 23, 2008

WAG & Price Chopper Shopping Trip 8/22/08 & WAG Deal 8/23/08

I tried to do this post yesterday but I was just to exhausted from work I didn't really feel like doing much of anything by the time I got home afterward. Since today I was feeling more productive I thought I would finally get it done.

First WAG Deal of the Day,
6 Jars of Skippy Peanut Butter $8.52
3 $1/2 coupons
2 boxes of WAG brand saltine crackers $1.68
Total OOP cost $7.18

I also got a $4 RR print out after the purchase for buying them, good off my next purchase. So it's like paying $3.18 after :D

2nd WAG Deal of the Day,
12 jars of Ragu Pasta Sauce $17.04 (split up into 2 orders)
4 $1/3 coupons
Total OOP cost $13.00

Got back 2 $4 RR due to the same offer that was going on with the Skippy PB. With the RR's it was like I paid $5 for 12 jars of Pasta Sauce :D

3rd Deal of the Day: Price Chopper,
Everything I got was on sale except for the Eggs I got which was not in the picture, along with a few other items because I needed to put them in the refrigerator as soon as I got home.
  • 2 Boxes of PC Ziti $1.78
  • 3 Boxes of PC Elbows $2.67
  • 3 boxes of PC frozen veggies (1 brussel sprouts, 1 broccoli w/ cheese & 1 cauliflower w/ cheese) $3
  • Veggie Flavor Bullion Cubes $1.99
  • 8 Snack Packs (various flavors) $8.00 -2 $1/4 coupons ='s $6.00
  • 2 Bags of Dole Bag Salad $5.44
  • 1 Dole Bag Lettuce $1.69
  • 3 Myers Hot dogs (b1g2f) $3.99
  • PC Croutons $1.29
  • Pork Chops $4.67
  • 2 Bags PC Brown Sugar $3.18
  • 3 Packs of Reduced Produce ( 1 pack of Tomatoes & 2 packs of Apples) $4.64
  • 2 Bags of 300 count cotton balls (b1g1f) $1.49
Total OOP spending: $44.69 ($0.18 Sales Tax)
Total Savings $23.10

I thought I did pretty well yesterday. I got a bunch of things that I needed/wanted to get since it was on sale. I really didn't need the pudding cups, but they were on sale for 10/$10 and my friend was nice enough to give me 2 coupons since she had so many so I got a few. I went over my budget a little for the month even though I really don't have a set one..haha But I think I'm good enough that I can make it till my next paycheck with out really having to buy anything. I do have a few things that I need to get tomorrow from work that's on sale but I have those 3 $4 RR to use so there's $12 I have to spend on whatever I want or need, but everything I want to get tomorrow isn't much so I will probably use what I can of the RR's and hold onto whatever is left for the following week. Also to my Mail in Rebates both got accepted so they should be applying to my WAG gift cards soon so I will have those to pay with when I need to. That's $34 I'm getting back to spend on whatever my little heart desires.....at Walgreens anyway..haha

I also ended up getting a few more things today from WAG that I wanted to take advantage of since it was the last of the sale going on.


Total Discount: $1.81
  • WAG Advertised Savings: $8.48
  • MFG Coupons $5.27
  • Total Savings: $13.75
OOP Spending $5.50

It would have only been $3.50 if I had another $2 off dove product since they were b1g1f I had to get the 2. I would have benefited more if I had another coupon because I would have gotten 2 bottles of shampoo for only $0.24 but since I only had 1 coupon left I paid $2.24 for 2 bottles of shampoo. Still not to bad but I wish I had just one more. The Dial hand soap was on sale 2/$3 ($1.50 each) and $1.27 with my discount and I got both of them for that price since I had a ton of B1G1F coupons. I would have gotten more but we were out so I asked for a rain check. The Dove Deodorant was a nice deal to. We had them on sale for $1.99, I managed to find 2 bonus packs left. With my discount they came to $1.69 but I also had $1/1 coupons that I used so I got them for $0.69 each. I wouldn't have gotten anymore since I have so many but since I did find 2 more bonus packs I just couldn't pass it off. The bonus packs include a sample size of the Ultimate Clear Go Fresh Deodorant line they just came out with. So for a Stick & half of deo. I felt it to be worth spending a little bit more on getting them.
The last time they were on sale for that price and we had the bonus packs I bought all of them which is why I'm good on it for years to come.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code