Monday, August 11, 2008

Need to be in Charge

I've been watching allot of shows on Discovery Health the past 2 days. Every show I have seen if about weight loss for obese families. Makes me realize that I really need to get back on track with my life. I was doing great about 2 months ago. I was eating much better, cut out soda all together, I wasn't smoking, and I joined a gym which I was going to every chance I got which was about 4 days a week for about 2-3hrs each visit. I was feeling the best I ever did and I lost 10lbs. Well I fell off the horse when I took my vacation from work at the end of June and I gained back the 10lbs I lost since then.

The entire vacation I spent with my DBF we pretty much fought the whole time. I became very depressed at this point. It was our 7 year anniversary and we didn't go any where, the only thing he got me was a card which I loved but I was really hoping for an engagement but it didn't happen.
All we did was fight, so I lost hope in myself. I fell back into my old habits again. I started smoking again after quitting for 5 months, started not caring what I ate anymore, I just started going down hill from there.

The more I watch these shows it makes me really want to get back into the good habit of getting into a better life style. I know I can do it, I just can't let every little thing bring me down. I pay $20 a month for my gym membership and I haven't been there in 2 months. That was $40 I just threw away.

Starting this Sunday coming up I'm going to start getting back on track. I always have a morning shift on Sundays and DBF doesn't get home usually till around 6pm, once I get out of work I'm going to go right over to the gym and spend some time there. I'm off on Monday I might try and get there in the morning if not the morning then late afternoon. Tuesday I won't be able to go because I have to take my Dad to a Dr. apt and I have to spend time with him after it to make sure he didn't have any complications since he's going for a colonoscopy.

I'm such a procrastinator I really need to stop saying what I'm going to be doing instead of just doing it. This is my life that is on the line, I can only live it once. I'm going to be 25 next year, I'm not getting any younger. I really want to be able to start TTC (trying to conceive) next year and I want to be healthier before we do. Everyone has told me It's easier to lose the weight after you have the baby if you lose weight before you start trying. I have till June of 2009 to try and lose up to 80lbs. My ultimate goal would be 80lbs but anything would make me happier. I have always been a chunky person, it's just something that runs in both sides of my family so I know I won't ever be skinny, but I can be healthier.

Now that things are better then ever with DBF and I, maybe I should get him to start doing this with me since he's in the same boat as me when it comes to weight. He's a big guy, but I love him no matter what. I just don't want to see something happen to him when it was something that could have been prevented.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code