Tuesday, August 26, 2008

About Time!

Yesterday I finally got everything I wanted done with our front spare bedroom that I wanted to do. I had a whole area of boxes and bags that were things I wanted to yard sale. I never got the chance to have one so I got sick of looking at all of it and have been wanting for awhile to take all of it to the area I have in the basement for our stuff.

Well DBF and I were going to go to the movies but as we got there we were to early and didn't feel like seeing it anymore so we went to Old Country Buffet for a nice lunch. I ate far to much but it was worth it. After that we checked out a new store that was in the same shopping center called Steve & Berry's. We had never heard of it before so we wanted to see what kind of store it was. Upon entering the store it reminded me of Old Navy. They had some nice things and here was the best part, everything was $8.98 and I mean everything. When I get paid I think I'm going to get some jeans since they were that cheap. I was impressed.

After that we went to Wal*mart because I was looking for something that I would have gotten for free after coupons. But when I got there we didn't have any nor did I see a spot to know if they even carried them. While we were there I ended up getting Wet cat food since they finally had in stock the 24 pack I like to get for them and also we got 2 boxes of Capri Sun pouch drinks since they were on sale for $1.75. After we left there we headed to the other Wal*Mart that was about 15 minutes away to see if they had what I was looking for. When we got there they didn't, I was sad. I ended up getting a few things tho that I saw that we needed and 3 things that I wanted but were cheap.

Once We left to go home I made DBF help me with the boxes of stuff in the front room because if we didn't do it then it wasn't going to get done and I really wanted to clean up in there so I could get the other shelf unit from my mom that she wanted to give me. Once he helped me with that I got to my cleaning up in there. I moved the dresser that has some of my stockpile in it over to where I had those boxes. I moved the Ugly orange chair that is DBF's which is where I have my stuffed animal collection on it, over to where the dresser was. Where the chair used to be is where I wanted to put the new shelf.

It looks so much nicer in there. I'm happy it's finally done. I took pictures of the whole entire room starting with my stockpile since its right by the door.






I'm such a big kid at heart. This is my Bedtime Bear Collection :D


Over by where the table and the kitty play things are is where I want to put my chest freezer once I get it. There is so much more room in there now since it looks more organized in there. Eventually when we get a new couch, the futon that is in the living room I will put in the front room and I will still have room.

One thing that still sticks in my mind when I was living at home, my mom would always yell at me when my bedroom was messy. She would say "I would hate to see what your house would look like when you are living on your own" Yeah my room would be messy but it was only because it was so small and when your buying stuff over time to have when you finally move it starts to clutter up space. Now that I'm on my own I am a clean freak....well for the most part. Sometimes it gets messy because I don't feel like doing anything, but honestly who doesn't have those kind of days ;-) Now that she see's my stockpile and how organized I try and keep everything she's proud of me and everything I have accomplished in the time I have been on my own :D

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code