Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So far so Good

So far things are going pretty well. Today was my dad's Colonoscopy that I had to take him to since they put you asleep to do the procedure he needed someone to be able to take him home afterwards. DBF and I left the house at 7:30am and got to my dad's house at 8am so he could make it there by 8:30am to get checked in for his appointment that was for 9:30am. When I got to his house he wasn't ready yet, he was writing down the list of medications he takes and was trying to make sure he didn't forget anything else that he might need. We left his house at about 8:45am then here's where the fun began. Things were on track for the most part except for being 15mins late at this point. I get off at the one exit that leads to the road the Dr. Office is on and normally it's not busy but then all off a sudden there's all this traffic and no clue why. It's 9am at this point and I'm starting to get worried that we aren't going to make it on time for the actual appointment. Couple minutes go by and we finally see a sign that says road work ahead -.- ugh of all the freaking days I go this way it's never busy any other day but of course I need to be somewhere and everyone and there mothers brother is out. Finally we get past the road work and we are almost there. We make it to the office at 9:15am. Well at least we weren't late for the actual appointment and they weren't mad. He got checked in with no problems.

At this point DBF and I left to go do our usual morning routine we do every Tuesday morning then went to get breakfast to kill some more time so we didn't have to spend the whole hour and a half to 2 hours in the waiting room. After breakfast we went to get gas since DBF's car was almost on E since we still had to take my dad back home and to get ourselves back home so it wouldn't have been enough. After that we headed back to the Dr. Office and waited about 30 minutes then they told us he was ready and told me where to park the car and to go where he would be seated waiting for them to go over the list of things they have to tell him of how the procedure went and so on.

I go in and see him sitting there in a nice big comfy recliner waiting for the Dr. to come out and tell him how everything was. I was talking to him for a little bit asking him how it was and he said for the most part he didn't feel anything except when they shot the air in there to I guess be able to insert the camera. I'm not 100% sure tho what he might have meant he was still groggy from the anesthesia. The Dr. then came out and told him everything looked good, they found 2 small polyps which he removed and is sending out for testing to make sure they weren't cancerous. He also told him he had this thing called Diverticular Disease which they said is something that is in his intentions that is caused from constipation and such. They said there is no way to get rid of it but there is a way to prevent from more appearing in there by eating a high fiber diet. Other then that they said everything looked great. He should hear results in 1 to 2 weeks about the biopsy on the polyps they found. I'm glad everything is good I really wasn't scared that they were going to find anything because he was always good about taking care of him self especially ever since he became sober.

Right now he's in his room sleeping, here I am doing the laundry and DBF is passed out on the recliner. Laundry is almost done tho which I'm happy about. I have the 3rd load in the washer, the 2nd load in the dryer, first load folded and 2 more loads to go. Which the 3rd load in the washer is ready to be put in the basket awaiting to be dried and the 4th load to be put in the washer. It's going allot faster then I thought it was going to go and it's nice because while they are sleeping, I get the computer all to my self to do whatever I want with :D

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code