Monday, August 4, 2008

The Unexpected House Guest

Okay so when I came home from work Friday night all 3 cats were in the kitchen starting at the ceiling. As I started to walk inside I notice something flying around. I thought it was a bird at first then I saw its wings. I freaked out. The night before that when my DBF and I were going to bed we thought we heard what sounded like a bat in our bedroom. We turned on the lights and didn't see anything so we just went to bed. Next day nothing, but then that night when I came home it was there. We have no idea how it got inside either. So it finally landed and I was able to come in the house cause I wasn't stepping foot inside till it did. I dropped my bags on the floor and ran to get my camera and it started flying around again. This went on for another good 20 mins. I felt bad cause every time it came low enough the cats would jump up and try and get it. Then he found a resting spot and I was able to take these next 2 photos.


Kind of cute right? Wrong. I thought so until I saw its sharp little teeth! After that he started flying around again and then found another resting spot on the other side of the kitchen over by the door. I would have tried to get him myself but I didn't want to take the chances of getting bit. But I got close enough to take the next photo. Thank goodness for Zoom..lol

When he decided to take his rest here this is where it got interesting. My uber strange cat Panzer decided he wanted to try and get him. So this time I decided to film him trying.


Note: Sorry about the sideways Video. I only did it this way so you could see everything. I don't have any programs to try and fix it.

After about 45 mins of the bat flying around my DBF came home to help try and get it out of the house. At one point it landed on me and I freaked out. We managed to get it out after swinging the broom around and a dish towel it finally flew out of the door and that was the end of him. Interesting way to start the night after getting home from work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoulda let him get it! :D!

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code