Friday, August 8, 2008

Not Always Right Friday Vol. 1.0

Every Friday I'm going to share a story from the site Not Always Right. I really enjoy the stories shared by people like me who deal with the everyday life of working where we do. It just shows how stupid some people can be to the poor associates that work in retail, food service, customer service and technical support.

This was by far the greatest story coming from someone who didn't even work at the store.

Now You Know How We Feel

Bed & Bath Store | New York, USA

(It’s Sunday and I’m dressed up because I just came from church. I’m shopping at the local bed and bath store.)


Customer:
“Excuse me? Where are the curtain rods?”


Me:
“I’m sorry, ma’am, but I don’t work here.”


Customer:
“Excuse me?!”


Me:
“I don’t work here, ma’am, so I don’t know where the curtain rods are. I can help you find someone who does, though.

Customer: “This is unacceptable. Show me where the curtain rods are.”

Me:
“I hate to break this to you, but I really don’t work here. I think there is a help desk over there, though.”


Customer:
*calls husband over* “Can you set her straight? I’m trying to find curtain rods and she refuses to help me!”


Husband:
“Look, you are getting paid far to much money to be screwing around! Now, my wife asked you something very simple. She cannot seem to find the curtain rods. Show us where they are, or we will call your manager.”


Me:
“Sir, I am sorry, but I don’t work here. I don’t know where they are.”


Husband:
“I can tell a worker when I see one. No one but workers wears suits.”


Me:
“I wear them for church, sir.”


Customer:
“What?”


Me:
“Yes, I’m wearing a suit because I just came from church with my family. I’m sorry I can’t help you.”


Customer:
“I hate this store.”


Husband:
“I know, honey, I know. Let’s just go. We can get curtain rods online!”


(I feel so sorry for the people who actually work here.)

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code