Friday, August 15, 2008

Need some Motivation

Since I haven't been feeling good the past few days I haven't felt like doing much. I have dishes piling up in the sink again, the bathroom really needs to be cleaned and the floor could use vacuuming. I still have bags piling up in the front room that needs to be sorted and put away on my stockpile shelf. 2 more days of work left and then I'm off on Monday & Tuesday. DBF is off also both days so I'm going to make him help me. I still need to take down the boxes of stuff that we don't really need to the basement which I need his help with since some of the boxes are heavy. Also Laundry is in need to be done which it still sucks that we don't have laundry access in our apartment anymore so we need to go to the laundry mat. That's top on our to do list on Monday since Tuesday we won't be able to do anything since I have to take my dad for his Dr. appointment. I convinced DBF to go with me so I wasn't sitting there bored out of my mind wile I was waiting.

Today was payday which was nice. I found out also I got a $0.25 raise. My 2 year anniversary was July 31st so that's the only thing I can think of why I got one. I'm happy. I'm making more money at Walgreens then I was when I was at Wal*mart in the 2 years I was there. At Wal*mart when I left I was there a little over 2 years and I was only making $7.94 an hour. I'm at Walgreens 2 years and I'm already making $9.25. As much as I hate my job sometimes because of the miserable customers, I love what I do there. It still baffles me with how big of a company Wal*mart is and they can't afford to pay there employees more then they do. Walgreens is a large company but not as big as Wal*mart. The sales at Walgreens are better sometimes to. I still shop at both, I go where the deals are. When your trying to save as much money as possible you have to shop around to find that better deal. Another nice thing that Walgreens does for there employees that I never saw anywhere else is they offer this program call PM's (promotional money). Any time we sell a specific item they want to promote each month we get a small amount of that profit in our paychecks. Some times I can make up to $80 each paycheck because of this. I love it, it really helps out.

Once checked my bank account when I got up to see how much was in there after my paycheck got deposited, I figured out everything and paid all my bills that were due. I have $36 left to my name to get me to my next paycheck, which is still plenty for me to get by. I'm so glad that I started keeping track better of all the finances. It really makes a big difference, and since DBF sucks with money (he even says so) I pretty much have to take care of everything so everything get's paid on time. Ever since I had a talk with him about his spending, things have changed allot. I'm glad I finally got through to him even though he got mad at the way I did it (I wrote him a letter). But when you have conversation after conversation about the same thing and it doesn't seam to be getting through, you have to do what you can to get it through to him. Things have been better then ever with us since I finally made him realize that if he didn't get his act together I was going to leave. But when you love someone so much you will do anything to make things work even if that meant it was going hurt the both of us. But if it was going to make him open his eyes I would go to that length to get him to see that I was serious. As much as we have our issues like any other couple, I love him and I can't see my self spending my life with anyone else but him.

I'm really looking forward to going back to the gym on Sunday. I'm going to bring my one friend with me who just had a baby 3 months ago. She's been feeling down because of how much weight she gained from the pregnancy and she's been trying by eating better and going for walks with the baby so she's not just sitting around the house. She's been doing pretty good so far from what she told me. Since I can take someone with me for free when I go I asked if she wanted to start going with me so we could do something together. I think it will be a good motivation since we want to lose about the same amount of weight and we are about the same body build to begin with.

Also I weighed my self the other day to see what I was at and apparently I did keep off the 10lbs I lost which I was shocked because I didn't feel like it anymore. But it made me happy knowing I did keep it off, so it will be easier to lose the rest. From what I have heard they say that the first 10lbs are harder to lose but once you lose it and keep it off you have a better success rate of losing the rest and being able to keep it off. I already started eating better again. I'm going by counting my calories since it's the easiest for me to understand and follow. I decided to go by the 2000 calorie intake. When I was doing it before I noticed that I didn't always eat 2000 calories a day which I think helped. Next time I go food shopping I'm going to stock up on more fresh and frozen produce. I'm going to stop buying white bread and start getting more wheat and whole grain foods. I'm probably going to still allow a cheat day so I don't binge eat. I read that it's good to have 1 day a week or 2 days a month where you can indulge a little and it won't effect your weight loss especially if your exercising. I know I can do it, I just have to convince my self I can by actually doing it.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code