Friday, August 8, 2008

Shopping Trip 8/8/08

Today was the day of my planned shopping trip with my friend to Walgreens & Wal*mart. I had a ton of coupons I wanted to use while stuff I needed/wanted was on sale and before the coupons expired. We also went to Price Chopper to get some things that I had coupons for but unfortunately they were all out of what I wanted, so I'm going to go tomorrow to the other one we have in my area to see if they have it before the sales over. I was so disappointed. Only good thing that came out of that trip was we found the clearance bakery and we got some good bread. Yumm :D


This is everything I got tonight from my trip. I did get a few extra goodies because they were on sale and some stuff I needed like the cat food. I also got 2 night shirts which was not in the picture, one was $10 and the other $8 so that was $18 that I really didn't need to spend but I wanted them. Can't help it I'm a girl..hehe

WAG Receipt 1:
  • Total Discount $1.52
  • WAG Advertised Savings $3.41
  • MFG Coupons $4.00
  • Total Savings $7.41
OOP Total $4.48

WAG Receipt 2:
  • Total Discount $1.89
  • WAG Advertised Savings $1.70
  • MFG Coupons $7.00
  • Total Savings $8.70
OOP Total $4.39

WAG Receipt 3:
  • Total Discount $1.87
  • WAG Advertised Savings $2.12
  • MFG Coupons $4.00
  • Total Savings $6.12
OOP Total $7.23

Wal*Mart Receipt:
  • Subtotal before Coupons $86.18
  • Total Coupon Savings $33.24
  • Subtotal after Coupons $49.80
  • Sales Tax $2.82
OOP Total $52.62

Total OOP Spent on today's Shopping trip $68.72, that might sound like allot to some people but it really isn't since there was some stuff that I got that I needed and didn't really need. I'm pleased with myself. I think I did a pretty good job.

I will also be getting back $5.50 in Mail in Rebates from Walgreens just from this trip. From my last shopping trip I had the other day I will have a total of $14 I will get back from what I had gotten. Which means some of the stuff I got will be free because of the coupons I had. There is also a few other things that I will make extra money from that is Free After Rebate items that WAG offers this month. Since I have 2 rebates to send in anyway because of the limits I figured I would actually get the FAR's offered for this month that I was interested in. 2 of those Items I have $3 off coupons and the item is $4.49, So I'll be paying $1.49 for it but I'll be getting back the full price for it. After figuring out all the MIR's that I will be sending in I should be getting back $33.96 for both rebates.

I never thought in a million years I would be doing this. I love getting stuff for next to almost or completely free and it's all legal :D Feels good to be able to shop like this. I don't understand why more people don't. You are really crazy if you don't shop smart, it's really a waste of money. Coupons are like free money if you look at it. You even make out better if you look for sales to go with those coupons to save even more.

Tomorrow is really going to suck, I'm in dire need to redo my stockpile in the spare bedroom. I would take a picture of what it looks like at this very moment but it is really embarrassing. There is just stuff all over. Once it's done I will be posting a photo :D

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code