Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Note to Self


Note to self. When writing down your schedule for work make notes of any special events going on, if any.

Today I came into work thinking it was going to be an easy night, I brought my coupons with me to clip and sort when it got slow. Come to find out as I got to the lab it was 1 Free Roll Processing Day today. I completely forgot all about it. But then again I didn't think anything of it either because the last time we had one no one came. This time Talk about a nightmare. I thought my 10hr shift from the other day was bad. This was way worse. This was worse by far because I was only be doing everything. Everything being, taking in orders, ringing out customers, doing ink jet refills, processing rolls, printing rolls and printing digital orders. Every time I finished an order I would get 3 more taken in. I seriously wanted to pull my hair out. I don't know why our store manager does this to us when we have events like this. He did this to us the last time when we had our very popular Free Ink Jet refill day, the both of them. I really wish he knew what it was like to be in our shoes. Some days, not all we need to have more then one person on. To have someone even just on as a Middle Shift. But they don't ever do that so we have to suffer. It just kills me because it's not as easy as some people may think. It is easier then it used to be years ago, but it's not what some people think.

The entire night I did not stop, it was nice because time did fly by. But I'm not superhuman. I had to keep calling over the manager on duty so he could take in orders for me just so I could work on everything else. It was just crazy. I didn't even get to take my lunch or 15 min break because there was no one else to run the lab. I really wanted that halushkie to that my mom gave me to take. At one point I had to call the one girl from Cosmetics over just to keep an eye on the counter so I could run to the bathroom and get something to drink. When I was leaving when my shift was over I counted all the ones still left to do.......

Front

Back

.....was a total of 90 orders still left to be done. We probably did a total of 150 complete orders. Maybe more, maybe less, I'm not sure what was done before I got there. All I know is I hope to god my Store manager gets some sense knocked in him and that if we have another one that he better schedule someone else on to help out because we really can't keep doing this. We aren't super heros ¬.¬"


No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code