Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dad the Life Saver

I just got done talking with my dad before. He had called me making sure everything was ok for Tuesday. I didn't mention anything that I needed to do the laundry. He comes off and says oh and since you are going to be there with me after my appointment why don't you bring some laundry and do it while your here. Duh, I completely forgot all about that he has a washer and dryer. I'm so happy he said something because he just saved me $20 and from having to deal with the laundry mat. Now I can focus on doing what I wanted to do on Monday instead of having to worry about doing the laundry now. Since I got $20 in quarters from work last night I'm just going to save it for the next time we have to go or in case I need something that I'm willing to pay for in quarters..lol

DBF sent me a text before asking if we had in the budget for a $350 TV that was originally $850. It would be so nice to get a new one considering the one I have is the same one I got for my 15th birthday, but it does still work so why get something when it's not broke. As much as it would be nice to get a newer one we don't really have the money for it considering the credit cards we currently have need to be paid off. We also still need to save at least $2,000 so we can move next year in November when our lease is up. Plus I really hope to get married soon, and start a family when most of the credit cards are paid off.

I'm glad I buy things on sale and clip coupons, we have saved so much money by doing that because if I didn't I think we wouldn't be able to make it. My best friend made a list of things that she needs to stock up on for the winter, I'm probably going to take into consideration and do the same thing because once winter comes around, if the weather gets bad, I won't have to worry about going out to get it if we do happen to need it. This life style isn't for everyone there is allot of planning that takes place in it, but if you look at it, it really is all worth it in the end.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code