Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Smitten Kittens

Monday night was interesting. I had a morning shift so it freed up the rest of the night to do whatever I wanted to do. DBF was off so it was nice to spend some time with him since the whole time I was off over the weekened we really didn't get to because he had to work and I had other things Planned to do.

Thursday I didn't want to do anything but my Mom sprung the kittens on me so I took care of them the rest of the night. Friday I ended up going shopping for some stuff for all the cats. I didn't have any food for the kittens so I wanted to get some of that. I needed more litter and also I really wanted to get an enclosed litter box for the bigger kitties because they like to fling the litter out of the box and it was starting to get annoying cleaning up after them all the time. I also got a few other things while I was out. Saturday was the day I promised my Dad I would come up and spend the day with him and take him to a few places he needed to go to since his vehicle is still down. Plus side to it was I got to bring some laundry with me to do it while I was there. Hooray for free laundry. Then on Sunday I promised my friend that I hadn't seen in forever that I would hang out with her since the Sunday before it we made plans to but I wasn't feeling to good so I told her that we could do it this Sunday. I had fun, it was nice to catch up on old times and see what we have been up to all these years of not seeing each other.

Monday we ended up giving the kittens a bath along with Starr and Panzer. The kittens were great until it came time to actually washing them. They had fun paddling around the bathtub but once I started getting them wet to wash them they didn't like it anymore. They weren't bad though. Starr has been needing a bath for awhile now. She was great, she squirmed around a little but she wasn't to bad. She was a good girl. Then came Panzer. Never again will I give him a bath. The marks on my arm will prove the hell of a time I had with him. He was screaming like you were killing him or something. I didn't even get to shampoo him, he was so difficult. So all we did was wet him down. But I'm serious never again will I give him a bath, he is to hard and he really hurts.

Yesterday we had to take Starr and the Kittens to the vet. Starr was about a month over due for her Annual Check up and the kittens started to have some Diarrhea and it had me worried because I had read it's not a good sign when they do so I wanted to make sure everything was ok. Starr was great, she is now 10lbs and everything looked great. She got her Rabies vacc. and her Distemper shot. She's now good for 3 years on her rabies, and a year on her Distemper. Then he looked over the kittens, he said the diarrhea was probably from the wet food we were feeding them. He said he doesn't recommend wet food till 3 months in age. He said the oils and grease in the wet food is what usually causes it. He gave them each a shot to help so they don't get dehydrated and sprayed them with this stuff to check for fleas. We didn't see any jump off so that was a good sign that they didn't have any. He then gave me a few pills for them to help with the diarrhea then sent us on our way.

I ended up calling my mom today to ask her for some help since shes the one who talked me into taking them. She agreed and said she would pay for half of there vet bill since I had to use what was in the savings account to pay for 3 kitties. But it was worth it because now I have healthy kitties.

Amara is the one in the front and Loki is the one behind.

Next thing that has to be done is DBF needs 4 new tires before his inspection at the end of next month and his windsheild needs to be replaces because it got hit with a baseball which we are still POed about because the insurance company won't pay for it and we have no idea who did it to confront them to have them pay for it. So all that is going to cost us about $500. I can't wait till DBF get's his Chirstmas bonus so we can put that in the savings account so we can move next November. Because the more people I talk to in my area we are so getting ripped off for what we pay for this Apartment. I can't wait till we can own a house, but for now till we can get all the credit cards paid off and my loan from previous credit card debt I was in we can't afford to put any money away for a down deposit just yet.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code