Monday, September 1, 2008

On another Note

Since everything that happened I have been trying to find things to keep my self busy so I don't think to much. Saturday I was off. I woke up at 8:30am with a stomachache and couldn't go back to sleep so I just got up. I was being lazy at first since my stomach was bothering me and I kept running to the bathroom. About 11:30a I got motivated because I just couldn't sit around anymore.

I started by doing the dishes since I had a whole sink full of them. After I got done with them I decided to clean out the fridge. I threw away anything that was in there for awhile and took out everything that I still needed to clean, cut and freeze. I started with my tomatoes, some of them went bad so I threw them away but I still had plenty left over to make sauce with. I had never made my own sauce before so this was a whole new territory for me. I blanched the tomatoes then pealed the skins off then cut them into halves so I could take all the seeds out. I had a little but of trouble doing that because I didn't leave some of the tomatoes in long enough so they were still a little soft. Oh well now I know for next time. I started to mash up what was left and so it wasn't so lumpy I added 2 small cans of tomato sauce I had. Then I added a bunch of spices and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. It came out really good from what I tasted before I let it cool and put in a bowl so I could freeze it. I was pleased, it made about 2 jars worth of sauce :D

After that I washed and vacuum sealed the green beans and baby carrots I got from the clearance produce score that I got from my local supermarket I hit up in the beginning of last week. I got them in the first place with the intention to freeze so I had them for when I decided to make chicken soup when it got colder. I love lots of veggies in my soup so beings they were fresh (well almost fresh) and so cheap it was worth it to get them.

After I did that I put the dishes I did earlier away and started on the next batch from when I made the sauce. When I got done with that I cleaned out my silverware drawer and reorganized the area where I keep my spices. Once I was done with that I stopped to eat some lunch. It was about 2:30p at this point. After I finished eating I cleaned the stove since it was well over due for a good cleaning and then came the litter box. Once that was done then came the vacuuming. It wasn't really bad but it needed to be done, more so by the litter box. I really need to invest in an enclosed litter box so they don't kick out all the litter after they use it. It would save on litter and less maintenance of cleaning up after them when they have an accident and miss the box and end up getting the wall -.-

After all that I fried up the Eggplant from the Eggplant Parmesan from when I made it the other day. It never fully cooked so it was very chewy, but I didn't want it to go to waste so I fried up what was left. Then I finished up by cutting up the papaya we got from Sam's Club awhile back and then zucchini that was from the clearance produce score. My freezer is so full right now I don't know if I can fit anything else in there. I really need a chest freezer and I have no idea when my uncle is going to give me his that he said I could have. I really hope I get it before Winter. If not I have a feeling I'll be taking most of the frozen produce I have in there over to store at my mom's in her huge deep freezer.

It was about 5pm at this point and I was starting to running out of steam. I was debating at this point if I wanted to take some laundry to my moms to do. I relaxed for a little bit and then decided I needed to do it so I gathered up all of the laundry that was stuff that was more important then others. I got about 3 loads of clothes that needed to be done. So about 6:30p I left to go to my mom's. It was nice I got the whole house to my self since her and my step dad were going to a wedding. My step dad's Brother was finally getting married. So they were going to be gone for the next few hours. To keep from being bored while I was there I was playing on the computer looking up stuff on the one site I like to visit once in awhile called www.i-am-bored.com I found some pretty funny videos to watch and keep my mind off of things. Next thing I knew, it was almost midnight and they got home as I was putting in my last load of laundry in the dryer. When I came up from the basement I saw them bringing in tray after tray of food that was left over from the wedding. I was excited when my mom told me to take some of it home. I managed to take a whole tray of food. There was chicken stuffed with stuffing, green beans, beef stroganoff, and this spinach cheese lasagna thing. It all looked so good. I was happy because this meant I didn't have to cook for days.

I called DBF because now that I had extra stuff to bring home, I was going to need his help to bring it all up. By the time I was done with everything it was 12:30a and it was time to leave. My mom helped me take everything to my car and then DBF helped me bring everything in the house. He was excited by all the food, especially the chicken. I was glad I cleaned out the fridge earlier that day because I had just enough room to be able to fit the tray in there.

I'm glad I got everything done that day, since I am off tomorrow that means I get to just sit at home and relax with DBF. Only thing I need to do is the little bit of dishes in the sink now and to clean the bathroom which really doesn't take me long to do. It should be a nice day tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to it.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code