Thursday, September 11, 2008

2 New Additions

Today my mom called me all in a panic. I asked her what was wrong and she goes I have a delima. I asked her what it was and she goes to me that she went to get my grandmother lunch at this one place by my grandmothers house and when she was there the owner told her that there were 2 kittens that the mother abandoned that are behind the restaurant. They asked my mom if she knew anyone who would be able to take them. My mom freaked because she would love to have taken them but she couldn't because of her dog. So she thought about it and called me asking me what to do. She said that the owners of the restaurant didn't know anyone else who would want to take them, but they didn't want anything to happen to them because they are so small.

So here's me freaking out and giving in to my mom's request. As soon as she told me how cute they are I couldn't say no. Only issue is I have 3 cats already. I told her I would take them and to call the restaurant back to let them know. I called DBF and told him everything, at first he was like that will make 5 cats. But I told him I didn't care we are taking them. He gave in because he is a softy when it comes to cats, he couldn't say no either. He told me to take a picture of them to send it to him once I helped catch them.

As I got there my mom showed me where they were at. I had a hard time catching them at first because they were in the shrubbery. I managed to get the one and found out it was a little boy. The other one ran before I could grab it. After a little digging around I managed to catch it and found out it was a little girl. I sent DBF a text and told him it was a boy and a girl he told me to get the boy because he wanted to name it. I told him I got the both of them so that was fine. I just couldn't believe it. They are so cute and so docile. Once I caught them they were fine, they weren't scared at all.

My mom helped me take them home. I got some wet food and milk because I knew they had to be hungry. I took them into our spare bedroom and took them out to check them for fleas. They didn't have any, thank goodness. After we played with them for a little, I then tried to get the other cats to check them out, it didn't go over so well with Shmee which I was expecting. Starr was a little freaked out and ran, Panzer was the only one who took any interest in them. After that I gave them some food. The little boy went to town with it. He was lapping it up with no problems. The little girl didn't take any interest with the food but she did enjoy the milk. After they ate they decided to check out the room. They really seamed to have enjoyed there new surroundings. I took a few pictures of them playing in the kitty cube we have. They are just too adorable.




I can't believe I have 5 cats now. But I can't help it, I love cats and I can't say no to kittens. My mom and I determined that it was fate. If it wasn't for my grandmother asking for something to eat at that specific restaurant we would never have known. I'm glad she did because now I have 2 new additions to the family to love and take care of. Once DBF gets home from work we are going to think of some names for them. I have no idea what to call the little girl. I was thinking of another Solar name but IDK yet. I might wait a little to see there personalities.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code