Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First OB Appointment

Today I had my First Appointment for 9 am. It was my first initial visit first thing was to pee in a cup and get things going.

As soon as I checked in and made sure all my information was correct they Weighed me, took my blood pressure then made me pee in a cup. After that they took me to a room where DBF and I got to talk to one of the sweetest nurses. She asked us both everything and anything you could imagine about us and our families medical history. She also gave us some really good information pamphlets and answered any questions DBF and I had. I was most concerned about the meds I was taking for my back from when I hurt it this past October. I don't take them all the time anymore, I have only been taking them as needed but I didn't want to worry about taking them.

After talking with her I got to meet one of the PA's who was also so very nice. She had to give me a pap smear test and breast exam to make sure everything was good since it was a few years since I had my last one *embarrassed*. Once she was done with all that she went over to make sure what meds I could take and what I can't since she was able to look into it further then the nurse was able to. Once she got everything she needed she sent me to have blood work and I was on my way.

My next Apt is May 26th with one of the actual Dr's. I will get to meet each of them at one of my future appointments. Since not one specific Dr. will be delivering me they suggested I got to meet each of them. The PA told me that pretty much each Dr. is on call certain days. So Depending on what day I start to go into labor it depends on that Dr. duty that day and time. I'm a little nervous about that because I was hoping to only deal with a female just because guys in the practice have always creeped me out but DBF made a good point, he said that once that baby is coming your not going to care who delivers it because your just going to want it out of you.

So next Appointment is going to be the heartbeat and possibly an u/s. I can't wait. We are so excited.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 Never Miss a Code